The Dean’s Circle recognizes the extraordinary generosity of alumni, friends, faculty, and staff who make annual gifts of $500 or more to the Dean’s Fund for Excellence. As a member of the Dean’s Circle, your investment will help the college meet the educational needs of our students, take advantage of extraordinary opportunities, and meet new challenges in teaching, research, and service.
The Dean’s Fund for Excellence provides the resources that allow the college to initiate new programs while strengthening educational and outreach efforts. The flexibility of the Dean’s Fund for Excellence provides the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with the ability to grow and expand to meet the needs of our faculty and students.
Annual Membership Levels
Scholar: $500 – $999
Fellow: $1,000 – $2,499
Associate: $2,500 – $4,999
Advisor: $5,000 – $9,999
Director: $10,000 – $24,999
Chair: $25,000 – $49,999
Through the Dean’s Circle alumni and friends have provided:
- Funding for promising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Faculty seed grants for pursuing new research interests and other academic endeavors.
- Scholarships and awards to students for travel abroad experiences.
- Securing new computer hardware and software for research and teaching.
- Member Benefits and Levels
- Dean’s Circle members receive invitations to special events including Dean’s receptions held all over the country and throughout Florida and to other CLAS events and lectures. In addition, Dean’s Circle members are honored on the CLAS website and in the Spring edition of CLAS Notes.
More importantly, members know their generosity has a direct, positive influence on the phenomenal faculty and students of this great college.
How to Join
To join the Dean’s Circle, simply complete the Membership Form (PDF) linked here and return it to the address below, or make a secure, online contribution of $500 or more to the Dean’s Fund for Excellence.
To make a larger impact, please consider pledging your support with a five-year commitment to the college. With your pledge, the college will know that your contributions can be expected and future plans can be made with the certainty of financial support from alumni and friends. Simply complete the Pledge Form (PDF) and return it to:
UF College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Dean’s Circle
PO Box 117300
Gainesville, FL 32611
For more information about the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean’s Circle, please contact the CLAS Office of Development and Alumni Affairs:
Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Affairs
The University of Florida Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization. Your gift may be eligible for a charitable income tax deduction.